Jyotir Lingum Yatra

A travel log for my journey to 10 Jyotir Lingums throughout south and central India, November-December 2002 with my yoga group, Dhyanyoga Centers.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Monday, November 25, 2002
 
Well here I am in a little hole in the wall Cyber Station in Madras. Paying 15 rupees for a half hour in here was a much better idea than 150 for the same in our fancy hotel!

I like getting appropriate value for my money here in India, but because I am a Westerner, that assumption always is that we can afford more. To me, blogging from here is more "real" than in our five star hotel.

Everything at the hotel is very wonderful, don't get me wrong, but I am so happy that some of us decided to go three to a room to save money. The hotel rooms are surely large enough for us, and full of eminities, like a baday (I am not spelling that right). I have to admit that I like those creatures a lot, and you dont get them to often in the U.S.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day for us, going to Tirupathi, an auspicious place of Vishnu. I hope to get lots of photos there. I still have to get in gear with respect to taking pictures.

Until next time...