Jyotir Lingum Yatra

A travel log for my journey to 10 Jyotir Lingums throughout south and central India, November-December 2002 with my yoga group, Dhyanyoga Centers.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Sunday, November 24, 2002
 
Oh No! I just put together a nice long entry from the email station in Singpore, but it did not save! ARGH!

OK, let's try this again...

I was trying to blog about sitting next to a young man going back to India to get married. He was delightful, telling me about how his maternal grandfather was a Gandhian, after I expressed my interest to him in fiber arts. His grandfather was in charge of an ashram, and was a proficient charka spinner. He also has a connection to Charlotte in that he works on contract for Wachovia, so I had to mention to him that my boyfriend did as well.

We asked him a little about his wedding, excitedly wanting to know if he was going to get to ride in on a horse. He smiled shyly in response and we were all thrilled for him. Traditional Indian weddings last 3 days.

We are traveling to his hometown of Indore, but not until after his wedding. Too bad, I joked, otherwise we could have crashed it! He did give me great information about where to go shopping for fabric and fiber there, though.